The City of Fredericton’s annual spring yard cleanup will be held during the weeks of May 6 to 10 and May 20 to 24.
There will be pickup on Monday, May 20, which is Victoria Day.
The cleanup is intended to collect garden and yard waste, as well as limbs and branches. The one-week gap will allow residents extra time to clean up around their yards.
To participate, residents must follow these general guidelines:
• Only compostable paper bags will be accepted.
• Collection is expected to coincide with regular garbage/recycling days.
• Pile compostable material separately from regular garbage.
• Leaves should not be raked into gutters.
• Loose leaves will not be collected.
• Small, tied bundles of brush will be collected.
• Leaves will not be collected for composting outside of the specified collection period.
• Limbs/branches are to be separated from other refuse so it they can be shredded. Branches should be no bigger than five centimetres in diameter x 1.5 metre in length (2’’ x 5’) and loose brush must be tied in bundles.
• Materials not meeting the guidelines can be taken directly to Fredericton Region Solid Waste at 1775 Alison Blvd. The landfill is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Once collected, compostable material is transported to the city’s Municipal Compost Facility, where they are formed into windrows, and composted into Grade A topsoil for use by the Parks & Trees Division and in other city capital construction projects.
For more information, contact Service Fredericton at 506-460-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org