Reduce your garbage by 1/3! Make a chemical-free source of fertilizer!
How to make compost
1. Mix together equal amounts of greens and browns.
Fruits and Vegetables
Grass clippings (fresh)
Green comfrey leaves
Grass clippings (dry)
2. Shred or chop all ingredients, if possible.
3. Build a pile large enough to retain heat.
4. Turn or aerate the heap regularly to let in the air.
5. Keep the pile as moist as a damp sponge.
6. Compost will be ready to use in a few months!
The Compost Council of Canada – http://www.compost.org/
Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compost
Fredericton Food Bank – Community Gardens – http://www.frederictonfoodbank.com/community-gardens/photo-gallery