The City of Fredericton’s annual spring yard cleanup program will be held during the weeks of May 1-5 and May 15-19.
The cleanup is intended to collect garden and yard waste, as well as limbs and branches. Residents are advised that only compostable garden (leaf) paper bags will be accepted for garden and yard waste.
The one week gap will allow residents extra time to clean up around their yards. If at all possible, the pickup will occur on your regular garbage day.
Anyone wishing to dispose of yard waste should note the following guidelines:
- Only garden and yard waste placed in compostable paper bags will be accepted.
- Limbs/branches are to be separated from other refuse so they can be shredded. Branches should be no bigger than 5 cm in diameter x 1.5 m in length (2’’x 5’) and loose brush must be tied in bundles.
- Individual bundles or items should not exceed 1.5 m (5 feet) in any dimension.
- Mass should be not greater than thirty (30) kilograms (65 pounds) per item or bundle.
- Citizens are asked not to place yard waste at the curbside until the weeks of the pickup.
- Materials should be piled separately from regular garbage.
- The spring yard cleanup is not intended for pickup of major items such as furniture, stoves, refrigerators, bed springs and mattresses, or residue from major tree removal or major clearing operations.
Materials not meeting the guidelines can be taken directly to the Fredericton Region Landfill at 1775 Alison Blvd. The landfill is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If in doubt about what can be collected, or for more information, visit www.fredericton.ca/springcleanup or contact Service Fredericton at 506-460-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org before material is placed at the curb.