The City of Fredericton’s annual residential fall leaf collection will be held over two weeks through October and November.
The dates are Oct. 28 to Nov. 1 and Nov. 11 to Nov. 15.
• To participate, residents must follow these general guidelines:
• Only compostable paper bags will be accepted.
• Collection is expected to coincide with regular garbage/recycling days.
• Pile compostable material separately from regular garbage.
• Leaves should not be raked into gutters.
• Loose leaves will not be collected.
• Small, tied bundles of brush will be collected.
• Leaves will not be collected for composting outside of the specified collection period.
• Limbs/branches are to be separated from other refuse so it they can be shredded. Branches should be no bigger than five centimetres in diameter x 1.5 m in length (2’’ x 5’) and loose brush must be tied in bundles.
• Once collected, compostable material is transported to the city’s Municipal Compost Facility, where they are formed into windrows, and composted into “Grade A” topsoil for use by the Parks & Trees Division and in other city capital construction projects.