The City of Fredericton’s annual fall leaf collection will take place Oct. 26 to 30 and Nov. 9-13.
The leaf collection is not affiliated with Fredericton Region Solid Waste.
There will be leaf pickup on November 11.
To participate, residents must follow these general guidelines:
• Only compostable paper bags will be accepted.
• Collection is expected to coincide with regular garbage/recycling days.
• Pile compostable material separately from regular garbage.
• Leaves should not be raked into gutters.
• Loose leaves will not be collected.
• Small, tied bundles of brush will be collected.
• Leaves will not be collected for composting outside of the specified collection period.
• Limbs/branches are to be separated from other refuse so they can be shredded. Branches should be no bigger than five centimetres in diameter x 1.5 metres in length (2’’ x 5’) and loose brush must be tied in bundles.
Materials not meeting the guidelines can be taken directly to FRSW at 1775 Alison Blvd. The landfill is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Once collected, compostable material is transported to the City’s Municipal Compost Facility. It is then formed into windrows and composted into Grade A topsoil for use by the Parks & Trees Division and other city capital construction projects.
For more information, contact Service Fredericton at 506-460-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org